Frequently Asked Questions
Pricing & Licensing
- Annual License
- Multi-year License
- Multi-year discounts
- Paid all up front
- Locked in pricing
Charge by the number of assets tracked
- Tiered price bands
- Price per asset decreases as asset quantity increases
- Excludes assets in the "retired" state
AssetTrack license levels provide:
- Flexibility to determine which level meets the needs of your business
- Cost Effectiveness gives you the opportunity to choose the level that fits into your available budget
- Scalability allows a crawl, walk, run approach if needed
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the features included in each license level.
If you go over your license limit of assets, you have sixty (60) days to either:
- Get your active asset count back under the limit or
- Issue a purchase order of the prorated amount to increase your license limit
- After the 60-day grace period, AssetTrack will stop working until a new license key is applied. The grace period allows you to temporarily exceed your license to support normal refresh activities.
Standard Support (no cost)
- Upgrade support for major and minor releases
- Corrections of software bug fixes
- Access to knowledge base
- Ability to submit tickets through support center
Extended Technical SupportServices (annual cost)
- Hypercare for 90 days from implementation project start date
- It provides you with a dedicated Account Manager who will be your point of contact and will assist you in the coordination of AMI resources and a consistent communication channel
- Business reviews to ensure we are supporting and helping you achieve your Asset Management goals
- Best-in-class consultants that identify and recommend process improvements, form updates, new features/capabilities, reporting and overall AssetTrack guidance
- Additional/Ongoing Training
- Base implementation (Lifecycle & Basic Audit)
- ITSM (with Plus and Premium Licenses)
- Implementing any of the following will incur additional fees:
- Advanced Audit
- Consumable Management
- Sourcing Solutions
- RFID Implementation
- ITAD Web Services Integration
- Complex Customizations
AssetTrack for ServiceNow is a ServiceNow “scoped application.” It runs entirely within the Customer’s ServiceNow environment. No ServiceNow customer data is sent to AMI, nor accessed by any AMI employee.
AMI does not handle sensitive customer data.
AMI does have formal information security policies for securing AMI internal information such as our source code, company documents, HR files, and other company data.
Third party security company has penetration-tested AssetTrack for ServiceNow. All important security issues have been remediated.
Penetration testing and remediation results are available upon request. Contact email@example.com for more information.
We’ll be there to answer your questions and fix any problems. We provide email support at firstname.lastname@example.org and portal support via helpdesk.amitracks.com.
All non-express, ServiceNow versions. Typically, we certify new versions a week or two before ServiceNow releases them.
No, you can scan with your phone. Scanning hundreds of assets in a warehouse? Buy a scanner attachment to speed scan. Buy an RFID reader, to use RFID technology. They all work with AssetTrack for ServiceNow.
Yes. For QR, Data Matrix, 1D, 2D, RFID… etc. No need to apply additional tags.
No. You don’t need to buy extra ServiceNow licenses.
Install AssetTrack within the ServiceNow cloud environment. Then, install AssetTrack mobile on your device. This talks directly to your ServiceNow instance via secure web services.
Yes. AssetTrack adds fields to track:
- Who scanned the last item
- What AssetTrack form they used
- The last audit state (found, unexpected, expected, new)
- When the asset was last audited
No, but we work with discovery. Discovery to CI table, we report the hardware table, and they update each other.
Yes. Use AssetTrack when disconnected from the network. When users reconnect, AssetTrack will synchronize all work with your central repository.
AssetTrack tracks physical assets, not virtual ones.
AssetTrack does not fire off any alarms. But, ServiceNow supports this via rules.
Not directly. But, you can configure rules within ServiceNow to do so. ServiceNow will send emails when those rules are met. For example, if total laptops in a stockroom fall under 10, then notify Jane to buy more laptops.
AssetTrack works out-of-the-box with just about every dedicated scanner on the market as well as all Android and Apple smartphones.
No need to buy or use your servers to run AssetTrack for ServiceNow. No servers required, means no people to manage them. ServiceNow takes care of all that.
About 30 minutes. Then, tweak some settings to make it even better. If needed, we can help.
No. When AssetTrack is uninstalled from a ServiceNow instance, the alm_hardware table, and all other common ServiceNow tables, are untouched. There will be no negative impact to ServiceNow asset management capabilities when AssetTrack is uninstalled.
No. AMI recommends and sells pre-printed barcode labels instead.
Pre-printed barcode labels cost less, are higher quality, and are guaranteed to be unique. Self-printing labels is far more trouble than it’s worth. You have to make sure no tag values are reused, printers and ribbons are maintained, and users are trained. After all that, you end up with inferior tags that won’t stay stuck to your assets.
Use a process to assign a pre-printed asset tag to each asset at the receiving dock or during inventories. Associate the new asset tag to the asset serial number. If a tag falls off, assign a new asset tag and associate it to the asset serial number. Never reuse asset tags.
Better yet, pay your hardware reseller to tag the assets for you and be done with it.
See our Asset Tracking Guide for more information.